Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Water by May

Water
By  May


I swim in the water. My mind is empty and my head is clear.
I live a troubled life; my dad died when I was seven,
and since then everything began to go down hill.
After that, my mom became an alcoholic.

Now I swim to relieve my pain.  
I got out; I had an urge to have a late night swim.
My mom said it wasn't good for me.
I disagreed; it was my "me time."
My hair was soaked; I was soaked from head to toe.
Every time I swam, I became one with the water.
I loved it, it was the place I went to when I had my sorrows.
I would relax; the water was my friend, Sort of.
My real best friend was Remy. 
She was always there for me; she felt the same way.
She also had a troubled life; that's why were so close. 
Finally I decided to go to sleep.
Then it happened. I had the same dream but different...
It started like always, my eyes would open, and I would be swimming. 
 But I was deeper under the surface.
 I panicked, I woke up.
 I was sweating, then I calmed down.
 I was finally at peace.

Clipart taken from http://openclipart.org 

No comments:

Post a Comment